What to Expect
What to Expect
1. a. If you are a new client, you will need to fill out an INTAKE FORM which is available in the waiting room.
b. If you are an existing client, you will enter the therapy room after the therapist has
prepared it for you, change into the gown and shorts provided for you, and then crack
the door open when you are ready for the therapist to enter.
2. If you are a new client, your therapist will usher you into the therapy room, look over your
intake form and discuss your reason for seeking muscle therapy. He will then direct you
as to how your session will progress.
3. Shorts and gowns are available for your use or you can
wear soft knit exercise clothes of your own to the appointment.
4. For the best experience, be sure to communicate with your therapist if something is
uncomfortable (music, temperature, pressure, conversation, etc.) and your therapist will
do his best to accommodate your preferences.
5. At the end of the session, the therapist will exit the therapy room to allow you to dress.
We generally recommend six sessions to a new client: two per week for the first two weeks, then one per week for the next two weeks. After that time we have a good idea of whether our work is going to address a new client's issues or if we need to refer out.
By the end of six sessions you and your therapist will have seen the effect of the work and can choose the next step at that point. We want each client to reach their goals for pain relief and function. In order to maintain optimum performance and well-being we will suggest a regular interval for continued muscle work.